Rules and Behavior
When registering your camper, you are agreeing to the following code of behavior.
Camper Behavior Agreement
'Camp is a place for you to have fun, improve skills, become more independent, make new friends, develop social skills, experience a different environment and learn from a positive adult role model. To be successful at Girl Scout camp it is important to remember the Girl Scout Promise and live by the Girl Scout Law. All campers are asked to sign the Camper Behavior Agreement form along with their parent/guardian.
The Girl Scout Law
I will do my best to be:
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong,
and responsible for what I say and do,
- I agree to respect other campers' and workshop leaders' belongings and space. I understand this means I will not touch anything that belongs to a camper or workshop leader without their permission.
- I agree to help other campers and workshop leaders keep camp clean. I will pick up after myself.
- I agree to be a responsible camper and will make every effort to improve our camp community every day.
- I agree not to bring portable electronic devices, such as an MP3 / I-POD / CD / DVD player / PSP / Nintendo to camp. I understand that Camp Colony Creek/GSSJC is not responsible for my electronic items.
- If I bring a cell phone to camp, I agree to keep it in my personal backpack/bag at all times.
- I agree to follow all camp rules.
and to respect myself and others,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place
and be a sister to every Girl Scout.
- I agree to respect the authority of camp staff and workshop leaders and to follow and accept their directions.
- I agree to use appropriate language and behavior. Excessive rowdiness, fighting, sexual harassment, racial remarks, bullying, inappropriate gestures or any acts of violence are unacceptable.
- I agree not to bring alcohol, tobacco, controlled substances or illegal drugs to camp.
- I agree to respect all property both man-made and natural resources.
- I agree to do my best to have fun, try new things, learn something new, make new friends, and enjoy my camp experience in the spirit of Girl Scouting.
Both camper and parent/guardian have read and understood the Camper Behavior Agreement and agree to follow the practices during her stay at Girl Scout camp, we also understand that failure to comply may result in being prohibited from participating in specific activities, being sent home or not enjoying all the opportunities camp has to offer.
GSSJC O-221 (RC)
Amended for Camp Colony Creek 2019